Investing Philosophy, Strategies
The Lupoff/Stevens Family Office is committed to achieving a just and sustainable world and seeking acceptable financial returns along side demonstrable social/environmental impact benefiting people and planet from our 100% Impact/Responsible Investment Portfolio. Our investment mandate, grant-making and policy objectives support social and climate equity and justice. We are a signatory to DivestInvest, pledged divestment of all fossil fuel investments and The Belonging Pledge, committing to address racial equity through investment.
Family members may take Board and/or advisory roles, from time-to-time, with select investment managers.
We Invest with the Objective of a 100% Impact Portfolio, Low Intentionality via ESG-Screened Public Securities, High Intentionality via Impact Managers
- Public Equities and Fixed Income (Socially Responsible Investments) are first evaluated and scored, via our proprietary screening tool for:
- ESG - The public company's assessment of record and disclosure related to Environment, Sustainability and Governance
- GC - A normative assessment of the company based on the four core principles of the United Nations Global Compact ("GC"): human rights, labor rights, the environment and anti-corruption
- This is lower "intentionality" investing, that is, seeking to do no harm, favoring better corporate stewardship, sustainability and those that benefit people and planet
- LP Interests via Third Party Impact Funds (Targeted Investments), seeking market financial return plus measurable social/environmental impact, presently favoring:
- Early stage investment in managers that are women and/or people of color
- With social/environmental objectives that coincide with Family Impact Objectives
- This is higher "intentionality" investing - seeking to drive capitalization versus "crowding out" other capital
OUR PARTNER AND ADVISOR IN TARGETED INVESTMENTS - MONTCALM CAPITAL
Our Investment Policy Statement may be available upon request